This weekend, we got a lot accomplished, and the crew working on the Delaney House is getting a lot done too.
Out back, the Delaney House now has three exterior walls, plus the bearing wall down the front hall. We expect by the end of this week, the house will be ready to lower onto the new foundation, and Phil and his crew should come back the week of the 9th to do just that.
In the Cheney Cottage, we're making progress too. We finally installed some of our 1949 St. Charles cabinets. We put up plywood on the walls, to make installation easier. We made bases for the cabinets to sit on (that will be hidden behind the toe kick) and then screwed the cabinets to the plywood.
This week, the electrician is coming to install the box on the side of the house, and then next weekend we'll finish making all the connections for the various circuits. The Cheney Cottage, as far as we can tell, had about 5 outlets when it was built. Now the house will have 14 circuits, with separate breakers for the dining room lights, dining room/living room outlets, kitchen outlets, kitchen lights, refrigerator, dishwasher, bath/laundry, upstairs bath, outlets in the west bedrooms, east bedroom outlets, upstairs lights, outside lights, smoke detectors and water heater. It reminds me of when we worked on the Parker Street house, a house that only had 4 outlets. It's amazing that people didn't have the need for electricity (other than for lighting) back when the Cheney Cottage was built. Times have changed.